USN Probiotic 100 is a high potency, shelf stable, dairy-free probiotics formulation containing 100 billion CFU per serving. It consists of ten of the most highly researched probiotic strains, with each strain and specific CFU count being fully disclosed. These are robust strains that are capable of surviving the harsh journey to the intestines and are able to attach to the intestinal walls, where they can grow and function effectively to support GI health.** The survivability of the strains is further assisted by delayed release technology as well as unique moisture-resistant, desiccant-lined packaging. This novel packaging removes the need for refrigeration, making USN Probiotic 100 convenient for travelers and anyone on the go.
What are Probiotics?
Probiotics are naturally-occurring friendly bacteria that enhance health in several key ways, including:
• Assisting with digestion and nutrient assimilation
• Helping inhibit the overgrowth of harmful bacteria
• Supporting the immune system
• Maintaining bowel health and assisting with proper elimination
• Helping restore and maintain balanced flora after antibiotics, which kill the beneficial gut flora
Why Do we Need Probiotics?
Nearly 70% of the immune system is associated with the gastrointestinal (GI) tract through synergistic interactions with various bacteria colonies (flora) that reside in our GI tract to maintain its health and function. Imbalances in this gut flora—either an absence of beneficial bacteria or an overgrowth of unhealthy organisms—can interfere with our quest for optimal health. Abdominal pain, bloating, gas, constipation, diarrhea, and a struggling immune system are some common outcomes of imbalanced gut flora.
Antibiotic therapy, illness, poor diet, stress, and environmental toxins affect the health of our gut flora. In the past, regular consumption of fermented foods helped to maintain healthy gut flora, but these foods are increasingly rare in our diet. The combination of unhealthy lifestyles and a lack of fermented foods in the diet makes it important for most people to supplement with probiotics.
Why Choose USN Probiotic 100?
• Transparency: We disclose vital information required to confirm the efficacy of probiotic formulations, including:
• The specific strains of each probiotic species. There are many strains of a specific probiotic species, such as Lactobacillus acidophilus, but not all strains impart significant health benefits. Only select, rigorously studied strains are scientifically-proven to survive, adhere, and function in the GI tract.
• The CFU count per probiotic strain. CFU (colony-forming units) is the number of organisms able to survive and reproduce in the intestines. Some probiotic formulas may include several strains, but contain large quantities of low-cost strains, while including insufficient amounts of the more vital strains.
• The amount of excess CFUs added for each strain. CFU overage ensures consumers are receiving no less than the stated dose of each probiotic strain, in the event that the initial CFU content decreases during production or storage.
• Survivability: Many commercial probiotics are unable to survive the harsh journey to the intestines and are unlikely to attach to the intestinal walls, where they can grow and function effectively.
• Acid/Bile Resistance: USN Probiotic 100 probiotic strains have been scientifically proven to withstand the highly acidic stomach juices and the harsh bile salts they encounter in the small intestine.*
• Gut Adherence: USN Probiotic 100 probiotic strains have been carefully selected according to their ability to securely adhere to the intestinal walls, where they can colonize and persist.*
• Shelf Stability: Live probiotics are fragile organisms that naturally die after production and distribution. This results in many probiotic formulations losing their potency, delivering fewer numbers of beneficial bacteria than expected, and becoming less effective. USN Probiotic 100 is created with the latest state-of-the-art technology that ensures probiotic strains are alive and effective after packaging and storage for up to 24 months, without the need for refrigeration. We guard against any potential loss of probiotic strains by adding extra quantities of each probiotic to guarantee consumers will receive no less than the stated number of strains in each dose.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take one capsule per day with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner.